I will create multiple content related to qemu/kvm/libvirt, then this post is to use as reference.
- install OS (using debian netinstall)
- install virtualization tools
- modify main network to use as bridge
1. install OS (using debian netinstall)⌗
- I usually go with fedora server but, I need different distribution because there is an error with ssh and Terraform/Pulumi. , , 
- Ubuntu is using netplan (+ snap) and I just need a
hypervisor, then debian is my choice
2. install virtualization tools⌗
cat /proc/cpuinfo |grep -E "vmx|svm"
apt install qemu-kvm libvirt-daemon-system cockpit cockpit-machines reboot
3. modify main network to use as bridge⌗
apt-get install bridge-utils -y
cp -a /etc/network/interfaces ~/ vi /etc/network/interfaces
# This file describes the network interfaces available on your system # and how to activate them. For more information, see interfaces(5). # The loopback network interface auto lo iface lo inet loopback # Specify that the physical interface that should be connected to the bridge # should be configured manually, to avoid conflicts with NetworkManager iface enp1s0 inet manual # The br0 bridge settings auto br0 iface br0 inet static bridge_ports enp1s0 address 192.168.1.207 broadcast 192.168.1.255 netmask 255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.1.1 #optional bridge_stp off bridge_fd 0 bridge_maxwait 0
Read other posts